Pop3

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Thu Apr 4 21:57:45 CST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> Oh, yeah, there's a great idea, straight from Microsoft:  let's run a web
> server that serves our whole system's configuration to the world, and use a
> browser to configure our system with non-standard config files  that can
> cause mystery configurations that can't be fixed.

Hehe... nice thing about standards is there are a whole lot of 'em to
choose from.  I've found Webmin to be pretty decent - particularly if I
build a system for a client who not only knows nothing about Linux, but
insists on staying that way if at all possible.

> Or we could use linuxconf if we really wanted to hose the system.

Indeed - I doubt you'll see it in the next version of Red Hat.

Dustin

--
Feeling amorous, she looked under the sheets and cried, "Oh, no, it's
Microsoft!"