Pop3

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Apr 4 14:45:51 CST 2002

Courier-IMAP can be configured for pop3. It can be as secure as it gets.

I wouldn't call it easy.
Any software that feel it is necessary to include a readme doc titled
00README.NOW.OR.SUFFER is bound to be NOT easy.
I am currently working on installing Courier-IMAP. It configured fine
this morning. I started the compile as I left for work. I plan on
including the pop3, so if and when I get it all working I'll post
instructions for any who want them.

I suspect Cyrus-IMAP also can utilize pop3, but I don't know. Also
probably not easy.

Nope, don't know any easy pop3 servers. In fact don't know any mail
server implementation that I would call easy. Postfix seems to be in the
lead though.

Sigh,
Brian