static IP options

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Tue Apr 2 19:36:46 CST 2002

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Cockerham, Bill wrote:

> I have SWBELL DSL, and for $65 a month I am getting 5 static IP's.  They
> have no problem with me running my own DNS/Web/Mail, and will even change
> their DNS to re-point my IP's to my DNS server for reverse lookup.
> I have talked to people that have complained that DSL is slower than cable,
> but I have no problems with it.  With the service that I have, and the
> undeniable fact that it is better than dialup.  I can't beat it.

I for one found DSL from SWBell to be extremely fast compared to cable.
The only catch was the outbound 384k cap, but that's imposed by the
technology they chose, not their AUP.

The only signifigant problem I had with those nasty sons of bitches was
getting it installed, and not getting a bill for OVER A YEAR!  Despite
numerous calls, they couldn't seem to get it figured out.  So when ION
came to be, I bought it, and just yanked the line for DSL.  Then of
course they hit me a year and a half later (a full 2.5 years after
install) with a $1200.00 bill that I'm _still_ trying to dispute.

Dustin

--
I think that the message is very clear here: somewhere outside of and beyond our universe is
an operating system, coded up over incalculable spans of time by some kind of hacker-demiurge.

universe -G 6.672e-11 -e 1.602e-19 -h 6.626e-34 -protonmass 1.673e-27....

and when he's finished typing out the command line, his right pinky hesitates above the ENTER
key for an aeon or two, wondering what's going to happen; then down it comes--and the WHACK
you hear is another Big Bang.

Neal Stephenson - "In the beginning was the command line"