Console

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Wed Nov 28 19:21:23 CST 2001

Check out these How-tos:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Text-Terminal-HOWTO.html

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO.html

However I agree you should network the PCs together. Then you can use ssh (or
telnet if it's a closed LAN) to connect. However, I prefer VNC
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ you can use this along with the windows
client to run X Consoles on your desktop. It takes a bit to setup initially, but
after you do you can run Gnome, KDE, or any window manager you like from VNC. I
administer 5 Linux boxes with it and I can't live without it.