Introduction to Linux Class

Aaron Wendel aaron at wholesaleinternet.com
Wed Nov 28 00:06:01 CST 2001

I have no idea what it costs but I have a feeling it's not cheap. :)  I
currently have 30 students taking the class.

The class is a basic Linux Administration course.  We cover some history,
installation under RedHat and Caldera, basic commands, user administration,
shell scripting, a little perl scripting, samba, bind, apache... etc etc
etc.  It's a 10 week course, 4 days a week, 4 hours a day for a total of 160
contact hours.  We cover alot in 160 hours.

BTW... for all you Linux advocates:  It is a required course for our degree,
so all the degree seeking students HAVE to take it.  And I make them do
everything from the command line... no Xwindows. :)

Anyway, I could adapt it and do a rough intro, here's what it is, here's how
you get around... that sort of thing for a quick couple hour thing at the
Library.  If a couple of you wanted to get together, we could divide the
interested parties into small groups.  Easier to cover more in a shorter
period of time.

Aaron