Need help adding new hard drive.

KUCHARSKI, DAVID R. dave at iemco.com
Mon Nov 19 22:12:06 CST 2001

OK I know this is a NEWBIE  question with an easy answer, but I've
checked my books and can't seem to find it, so here is my situation.

Added a new 78 gb drive. ran fdisk to set 70+ gb as ext2 (ext3 not
supported by this fdisk) remaining 8-ish gb as win95 fat32 to share some
windows files as a samba share for later use.
anyway now I am at a standstill as to what I need to do.  I want to be
able to mount the new drive and move /var to it.  that is where I have a
production db residing.

I guess I am asking for the commands needed to format the new drive- or
is that needed?
then unmount /var I guess and relocate it to /dev/hdb1 and remount it
there.

Thanks
Dave