virus 1

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Nov 16 14:48:31 CST 2001

The reason you don't see viruses for Linux is it's not worth writing
them. In order for a Linux virus to do any serious damage, it needs to
be run by the root account. Otherwise you only infect one users
directory, where's the pay-off in that? No it is far better to write
exploits that cause buffer overflows, exposing the system to widespread
attack and opening up the ports on Linux machines. I have seen a noticed
increase in that area over the last month or so. So don't feel ignored,
those wonderful dark underlings will get around to you sooner or later.
;)>

Brian