Trustix Report

Steve Johnson sjohnson at commercial-lithographing.com
Mon Nov 12 15:18:54 CST 2001

Some of you folks may have tried Trustix before, but I can say as a relative
linux newbie (only two years at it now), it is nifty because it restricts
pretty much everything and you have to work to loosen up the security.  For
example, no telnet server, only ssh, no cgi installed by default, etc, etc.
Pretty neat stuff, nice auto-update (swup) of software.  I have not tried
installing any "other" packages yet, but am about to install a new verison
fo python and a mail manager called Mailman.

Anybody make the Majordomo -> Mailman conversion before?

Also, what is the general perspective on Postfix as apposed to send mail.

Should I subscribe to Linux newbie instead?

sj

Steve Johnson
Manager of Advancing Technologies
Commercial Lithographing, Inc.