Wine, Whine, installs, and the like

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Fri Nov 9 17:27:57 CST 2001

> > Unfortunately, I have to deal with MAC OS too much already thank you.
>
> Mac OS is a great operating system and I think that the new releases have
> a lot of potential.   Shoot almost every GUI shell since then has tried to
> replicate it to some degree or another.

Mac OS is not all that great, it has it's pluses but in all reality it lacks
some very important features. (Like Preemptive Multitasking for one, and a lack
of ability to kill errant programs). Now OSX is a lot better, but it's really
just a UNIX OS (BSD) with a new GUI interface (Aqua), so you can't really count
it. As for who copied who; I don't think anyone (except with the possible
exception of Xerox), has any claim to who designed what first. They ALL copy
each other and they ALL stole the original GUI idea from Xerox. Xerox executives
are still probably kicking themselves over that fiasco, if they only had enough
foresight to realize what they had, we all may have been brought up on Xerox OS
instead of Windows or MAC.