Upgrade to 2.4 kernal with Redhat

Jim Herrmann Jim at itdepends.com
Tue Nov 6 04:41:14 CST 2001

If you can reload from scratch, I recommend that.  Starting clean is almost
always easier than doing an upgrade.  If you have a reasonably recent
machine, go for the most recent distro version, which would be RH 7.2.  It
has KDE 2.2 and Koffice 1.1 which are pretty big improvements over the prior
release.  I'll pass on the advice that I was given when I just recently nuked
my system and started over, saving only my mail files.  Partition your /home
directory into a separate disk partition to make it easier to upgrade the
system the next time.  Mandrake 8.1 did a great job partitioning my drive
automatically, and I'm sure RH disk druid will have similar improvements.

HTH,
Jim