DSL providers?

hanasaki hanasaki at hanaden.com
Tue May 29 00:46:18 CDT 2001

   RR has been OK for me too.  When its up it is solid.  The biggest
   problems encountered are:

   EMAIL
   Slow or not working at all.  Setup your own MTA or use an external
   service.

   UN ANNOUNCED DOWNTIME
   In the 4 months since install, it has gone down for routine,
   unannounced, management 3 times.  However; they were good enough to
   take service down in 3AM timeframe.

   IP MANAGEMNT
   They switched Class B or C blocks one day and the DHCP didn't expire
   old addresses.  It kept providing IP's from the old block, for 2 days.

   SCANNING
   There used to be quite a few port scans from the DNS server address.
   This as abated as of the last two months.

   COLLISIONS - CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS IS MORE THAT IS ACCEPTABLE?

     eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr -----
               inet addr:65.28.85.53  Bcast:255.255.255.255
     Mask:255.255.255.128
               UP BROADCAST RUNNING PROMISC  MTU:1500  Metric:1
               collisions:18071 txqueuelen:100

   SUPPORT
   The installer told me that "everyone" has cable connections put in
   facing up from the floor in middle of their carpeted living room.

     Not sure.