DSL providers?

Aravind Gottipati a_gottipati at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 01:40:44 CDT 2001

Hi,
	I have a cable modem at home. I am interested in switching to DSL. I
talked to sw bell and they say that I have to purchase $100 worth
equipment (which includes a nic and modem). I was talking to some people
in an irc channel and they advised me against buying the equipment.
"Lease it" was pretty much the consensus. I called a couple of companies
here and none of them seem to be leasing the equipment and most of them
go through swbell again (same old buy modem + nic) stuff.
	I would like to know if anyone knows of a DSL provider that I can
lease equipment from and with which I will be able to use my existing
phone line with swbell and be on the web simultaneously.

thank you,
Aravind

--
Don't look for the meaning of life! It may have no meaning, or, even
worse, it may have a meaning of which you disapprove.