Remote X through a proxy

Prof. Jerry Place place at modeling.cstp.umkc.edu
Wed Feb 21 16:19:30 CST 2001

   I use SSH exclusively to connect Linux to Linux and X works very
easily.  I also have a Win2K SSH client but it does not support X
applications.  I use it as a terminal emulator and to up/download files.
It has a very easy-to-use interface.

   I've turned off all non-secure services such as telnet, ftp on my
Linux systems due to security issues -- I connect from home via a cable
modem.  However, SSH is very useful internally because it works so
easily with my Linux/Unix labs.

   The Unix version is freely available as a tar ball but the Win2K
client is a commercial product available free to Universities and other
public service agencies.

					-- Jerry Place
					-- CSTP