New Kernel problem

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Apr 26 17:33:50 CDT 2001

OK, I compiled the 2.4.3 kernel this morning. I used the new "built-in"
(whatever that means) ipchains type stuff, I didn't include the "old"
ipchains and ipfwadmin in the kernel. When the machine boots the personal
"firewall" (SuSE, software only), it tells me it can't run ipchains. Fine, I
suppose I'll need to make some configuration change here, what I haven't a
clue. The big problem here is now the pppd dies whenever I try to dial out.
I have ppp built into the kernel!? What am I doing wrong? Anyone using
2.4.3?

Being Irish and Scotch, I'm willing to bang my head upon the wall until the
wall breaks or I pass out. ;')>

Best Regards and Thanks In Advance,
Brian Densmore
<mailto:densmoreb at ctbsonline.com>