snmp and mrtg

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Thu Apr 26 16:30:41 CDT 2001

I'm guessing you have some sort of permission issue with usr/bin/rateup.
Does it run as root or does a user need to be created with permissions for
the program to run?  I've seen databases and webservers that needed this.
This may sound dumb, but it jumped out at me after seeing the error msgs.
Brian Kelsay