Building kernels on different machines [WAS: System Map]

Duston, Hal hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Apr 12 17:33:29 CDT 2001

Before the make modules_install is done, the module files are
scattered all over the kernel source tree, so you would need
to hunt them down.  That is why I complete the _entire_ process
before I pack up the output and move it.  If you are not using
modules, you are correct, and that is not an issue.  Although
make install does require you to have at least a skeletal
kernel tree.  On my other boxes, I have absolutely no kernel
tree present.  (Aside from /usr/src/linux/include of course.)

Hal Duston
hald at sound.net
hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com