Ethernet adapter dificulties

Mike Coleman mkc at mathdogs.com
Sun Apr 1 22:34:03 CDT 2001

jose sanchez <j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com> writes:
> I am dual booting. I have two NICs and in Windows I found out they are on
> irq's 3 and nine. When I issue this command in Linux: cat /proc/interrupts, I
> don't see these two IRQ in use. What could be the problem? Please help!

Linux might put them on other IRQs.  Also, unless if you're using modules
rather than a driver compiled into the kernel, you won't see the driver appear
in /proc/interrupts until the module is actually loaded.  Some drivers only
grab interrupts when they are "in use", too.

--Mike

Mike Coleman, mkc at mathdogs.com
  http://www.mathdogs.com -- problem solving, expert software development