Broadband

Walter Dunz Zscoundrel at netscape.net
Thu Sep 28 00:12:40 CDT 2000

I got on eof the Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL routers.  It's model number is
BEFSR41.  It is a FOUR port Ethernet router (10/100 mbps) that includes a
firewall.  There are actualy 5 sockets, but port 1 is shared with the WAN port
that connects to the cable or DSL modem - you can only use one or the other -
not both.  This leaves 3 regular ports for computers, networked priners,
servers or other ethernet devices.

I would bring it to the meeting, but I suspect my wife would KILL me before I
unplugged HER computer!!!  (grin)

BTW, I had serious S.O. problems getting the hardware as well.  But she didn't
understand how fast high speed access can be!

One word of warning - Now that my wife has high speed access, Ebay gets a
SIGNIFAGANTLY larger portion of what USED to be my hardware budget!

*	*	*

On another note:  I tried the advanced address modifcation techniques from one
of the previous posts and IT WORKS!!!  No More sending two copies!

*	*	*

"Brian Kelsay" <ripcrd6 at worldinter.net> wrote:
> If you don't already have a hub the best way to go (and in some ways a
> better product) is the Linksys DSL/Cable Router.   I don't have the Model #
> on me right now, but it has a built in 5-port switch/hub.  You don't need
> this if you already have a hub of some sort.  It goes for around $140-160.
> I saw it reviewed at www.arstechnica.com and then went to some ZDNet page I
> found on www.google.com that listed both items and allowed a price search
at
> about 20 online locations.