The Great Reply-To War Redux (was Re: New Red Hat)

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Wed Sep 27 04:25:44 CDT 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:46:56 -0500 "Duston, Hal"
<hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com> writes:

> Now that I have read that, I don't think either a listserv,
> or sendmail could solve this; however, I still wish to NOT
> munge the Reply-to header.

  OK.  How about letting the listserv offer the =option= of

        Reply-to=list

          - or -

        Reply-to=From

Set the default whichever way you want, but let each subscriber adjust
his subscription to his mail    software and personal preferences.  That
way, those of us who think of this as a public forum like a newsgroup or
BBS conference can hit Reply, and those who are fortunate enough to have
really good mailers can hit something else.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.