What's the opposite of a cat?

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Mon Sep 25 23:41:03 CDT 2000

I think that we need to modify the encoder so we can use different
xor characters, that way we could encrypt in other ways than the
one the cuecat uses.

The whole purpose of the encoder program is to screw over digital
convergence's claim to intellectual property.  We can rightfully
claim that our decoder isn't only for their product but for our
encoder as well.  That, IMHO, is what the DeCSS people should have
done, encoded some other, open format in the same way as CSS,
nullifying any claim to anti-copyrighting or pro-pirating by the
MPAA.  Literally embrace and extend their standard.  Not like any
sane person would think that the encryption that those boneheads
chose was worth anything, but more to de-comodotize their protocol.

What the hell, if M$ can do it, so can the free software community.

We amateur subversives need to become more professional about it.
Our communtiies far outnumber the people in power over the destruction
of personal rights and freedom like M$, RIAA and the MPAA.

This is just my opinion.

Regards,

Tony