Mandrake killed Windows

Brian Densmore bjdensmr at epsi.net
Fri Sep 8 04:18:17 CDT 2000

I have suceesfully installed RedHat 6.2 and Mandrake 7.0 on a Windows 98 dual
boot without incident. But be forewarned DO NOT run Windows FDISK or FORMAT on
this box EVER. It WILL destroy any LILO and BOOT data on the MBR other than
Windows 98  - WITHOUT WARNING. I also cannot attest to 7.1, You should not use
the fsck utility but the Disk Druid utility and make sure you know what your
partitions are before starting. I also recommend that you create the Windows
partition from windows and then create all the other partitions from Disk
Druid. Also don't touch the Windows partitions from Linux - why ask for trouble!

Hope this helps,
Brian

On Tue, 05 Sep 2000, you wrote: > I have
successfully installed Caldera OpenLinux eDesktop 2.4, > Red Hat 6.1, Corel
Linux OS 1.0,and Mandrake 6  in a Win98 Dual > boot configuration with no
problems whatsoever. I cannot attest > to Mandrake 7.1 as I haven't had time to
play with it. >  > Sorry,