RFD: Annual Linux Showcase 2002

Rocky McGaugh rmcgaugh at atipa.com
Fri Sep 1 14:09:39 CDT 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Duston, Hal wrote:

> I heard that the Atlanta Linux Showcase was going to
> be renamed to the Annual Linux Showcase since they
> won't be in Atlanta after this year.    See
> http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2000-08-29-002-21-PR-CY

Some info:

The President of ALS is Marc Torres. Marc is also our CTO.
He had said something about the 'alternating coasts' before, and IIRC, he
said something about USENIX having a large part to do with where they
would be hosting it. He mentioned something about using their weight as
organizers to help ALS.

anyway, he was in town earlier this week. I did not mention the subject to
him. Do you want me to? I could prolly at least find out if there is any
possibility at all of this happening in the near future.

--
Rocky McGaugh
rmcgaugh at atipa.com