disk stuff (was: still havin probs :)

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Mon Oct 23 06:52:24 CDT 2000

On 23 Oct 2000, Randy Reames wrote:

> Ah I see. Now that I think about that does make more sense. How modern
> is modern? I am still using a giant 9g scsi Seagate 15lb heater hd.
> Circ 95 I think. (Eh, its still working and only half full.) I have
> swap and /home near the middle and /etc and /var outside. Think I
> should change? BTW if anyone has a 9g-ish hd they want to get rid
> of...

Hard to say.  I'd guess that this one has the same number of sectors per
track, since it's so huge.  So it doesn't really matter where you put the
data, though towards the middle is best for head-seek reasons.

J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "Over himself, over his own mind and    |
| Network Systems Management |  body, the individual is sovereign."    |
| Sprint Communications      |  -- John Stuart Mill, "On Liberty"      |