newbie question

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Thu Oct 19 00:24:40 CDT 2000

How do you have your network set up?  What kind of ethernet cards do
you have?  Do they work?  Can you ping, telnet, etc.?  Where is the
cable modem plugged into?  Does pump or dhcpcd give any feedback?

You only need samba if you want to share files from you Linux box to
your windows boxes.  Other than that, you will be using TCP/IP networking
from Linux almost exclusively, so the windows boxes shouldn't affect
(infect :-) it.

Let us know how you have the network set up and we'll probably get you
running quickly.

Regards,

Tony Hammitt

--
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -- Voltaire