newbie question

Robert Willis rwillis1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Oct 18 22:27:49 CDT 2000

hello all

highhat here with a newbie question............

I have 2 boxes networked 1 running win2000 pro the other dual boot win98 and
RedHat 6.0

Here's the problem..... I installed RedHat, everything went smooth as
expected. all hardware recognized etc. but I can't get internet access! eth0
using DHCP tried using the default client pump to no avail, then tried using
DHCPcd
made the changes to ifup and ifdown files still notta! Oh ya forgot to
mention that i use RoadRunner cable access.

Do i need SAMBA?

thanx in advance
sincerely confused
HighHat