Network hub

Randy Rathbun randy at randyrathbun.org
Tue Oct 17 16:43:21 CDT 2000

Tony and I were talking last meeting about how much it would be nice to
have a crossover cable so our laptops could chat. I agree - it would have
been.

So, I got to thinking - I have a 100 MBit hub sitting here. I have a
normal cat5 cable. This is an 8 port hub. So, I am gonna bring it
tonight. If you want to hook in to the hub, just bring a CAT5 cable and
your 100 megabit card (this thing does NOT do 10 megabit. I know, it
sucks - and that is why it is not in production any more). I may try to
bring along a spare cable or two if I can steal them off of some unused
boxes here - or at least ones where nobody will notice.

I figure if anything we can sit around and ping flood each other for 2
hours.

Randy Rathbun                            randy at randyrathbun.org
http://astrodot.org - 100% Amateur Astronomy. No preservatives.
http://randyrathbun.org          http://quitequitefantastic.org
I refuse to participate in HackSDMI.
 See http://www.eff.org/pub/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/current.html

"She's afraid that if she leaves, she'll become the life of the party."
 ~ Groucho Marx