RedHat 7.0

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Fri Oct 13 21:20:24 CDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Kelsay
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 3:03 PM
To: 'tony at hammitt.com'
Subject: RE: RedHat 7.0

Damn I'm stupid today.  I originally looking for linuxconf, but I read that
it was removed.  I'm just playing around with Gnome today and thought there
was an Applet I could use.

My point being that when I used netconfig or during setup in the past I used
a static IP and named the box, but this time I checked DHCP and had no
options.

Currently I am localhost.localdomain.  Now I type 'hostname kcighost' and
'hostname' and now I am kcighost.  Cool. I was in a Windoze haze today.

Now when I 'ping kcighost' from my windows box I don't get any response.  I
can ping the ip though.