Country designation

Gerald Combs gerald at zing.org
Tue Oct 10 22:02:25 CDT 2000

You might also want to look at the webalizer source code.  It generates
country graphs as part of its output, although at a glance it looks like
it simply maps against the information found in the IANA CCTLD list.

A while back I thought it would be a straightforward and useful thing to
put up a web database that tracks the country of origin for various IP
blocks, e.g. a PTR address that resolves to <something>.kc.rr.com is a
clue that the machine is located in the KC metro area.  Anyone know if
something like this has been implemented?