kclug 11-21-00

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Tue Nov 21 18:39:20 CST 2000

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Brian Densmore wrote:

> Are you Nuts! KC downtown is probably the WORST metro I've ever seen.
> Just try to find an address on 35th street. First you need to figure
> out which 35th street you need to be on, 'cause if you get on the
> wrong one you can't get there from here, and PRAY you don't cross over
> into Kansas and ... (my rant for the day, and a pet peeve - who
> designed these streets Bill Gates?)

Hehe, where else have you been?  KC downtown is suburban compared to
cities such as:  Washington DC (I'm gonna get that Frenchman that designed
that monstrosity), Boston, and San Francisco.

Washington DC wins my personal award for Most Visitor-Unfriendly City.  I
can easily see why DC has such a high murder rate -- I had such a hard
time finding a street sign (any street sign) that I would have popped a
cap in some dude's ass if he got in my way after 30 minutes circling
around looking for the road I wanted.  It's a good thing I'm a patient
traveller.

Boston wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the Constant, Interminable
Construction Project From Hell.  I've been in Boston every year for 8
years, and they're STILL working on that damn airport interchange.

San Francisco is just kind of sprawling.  It's not too bad, but worse than
KC.

Jeffrey.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "I love you, I won't kill you.  Unless  |
| Network Systems Management |  I discover that you're worth more when |
| Sprint Communications      |  you're dead."                          |
                             |  "Slow Dance with Boba Fett"            |