Interesting problem -- whois lookups solved

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Thu Nov 16 21:47:32 CST 2000

I guess I'll chalk that one up to experience (or lack thereof) and thank
both Tony Hammit and Gerald Combs for their quick responses.  I was playing
with a PHP solution when I noticed I could send a query via a port -- then
when they mentioned the whois function the light came on.  I made a very
crude script to grep the whois results and echo back the name of the domain
entered and the result from the grep.  I then made another script to call
that script for every domain I have.  It worked like a charm.  I then took
the resulting file, parsed it in Excel to get just the ones that need
moving.  Whew!

-- Bradley Miller