Dell Latitude LM

Tom Margrave margrave at usa.net
Wed Nov 15 19:05:06 CST 2000

Thanks for the suggestion.  RH does not have a TFT option.  I am tring every
thing in the book.  I found somebody in a news group that has a Latitude LM
runing with 6.2 and he is having problems upgrading to 7.0.  I have ask for
his copy of his XF86?????(sorry do not remember the file name).  Since then I
removed RH to install a Suspend to Disk function of the laptop from Dell  this
kept me up late tring to get it back working.  I will  try to re install RH
7.0 before next meeting.  If I can not get X running by next meeting I might
have to try SuSE.  I just wish I had the CDs.

I refuse to give up on getting Linux on the Dell. (or until I throw it out the
window)

Randy Rathbun <randy at randyrathbun.org> wrote:
Tom, try to select just an 800x600x256 TFT LCD and see what happens. You
may have to jump around between some of them, but one should work well
enough to get it going (it will probably display okay, but the text will
look really distorted - least, that is what my Thinkpad does).

I don't know if RH has one, but SuSE has a tool other than Xconfigurator
or whatever it is, that is really slick and makes it pretty easy to pick
the proper display.

Keep fooling with it. You will get it running!