Dell Latitude LM

Randy Rathbun randy at randyrathbun.org
Wed Nov 15 17:07:54 CST 2000

Tom, try to select just an 800x600x256 TFT LCD and see what happens. You
may have to jump around between some of them, but one should work well
enough to get it going (it will probably display okay, but the text will
look really distorted - least, that is what my Thinkpad does).

I don't know if RH has one, but SuSE has a tool other than Xconfigurator
or whatever it is, that is really slick and makes it pretty easy to pick
the proper display.

Keep fooling with it. You will get it running!

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Tom Margrave wrote:

> This is a status and a cry for help.
>
> Got home and started RH install again with a ps2 mouse connected on the
back.  Started about 11:00 and went to bed.  Got up and found that the PC
was at the spot to configure X. Tried to configure X and the system
display went blank.  Re booted and got RH 7.0 Lilo boot up and I went into
Linux off of the HDD.  Got a terminal login screen.  Logged in as root and
started X and the display when south ( east, west, or north).  I could not
change to another terminal.  Press CTRL-ALT-Del and it re booted.

> So  I am at the point to figure out what is wrong with X.  XConfigurer
does find my Video Chip but I have no clue for display.  Also I think it
could be the mouse or some thing else. >

Randy Rathbun                            randy at randyrathbun.org
http://astrodot.org - 100% Amateur Astronomy. No preservatives.
http://randyrathbun.org          http://quitequitefantastic.org
I refuse to participate in HackSDMI.
 See http://www.eff.org/pub/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/current.html

"I wish to be cremated. One tenth of my ashes shall be given to my agent,
as written in our contract."
 ~ Groucho Marx