Cannot connect to X

Randy Rathbun randy at rrr.2y.net
Sun Jun 25 22:05:35 CDT 2000

Okay, here is the deal - I log in as me, su to root to do something, need
to fire up some X app, and am greeted with a message saying I can not
connect to the X server. So, I back out, do xhost + localhost, and then I
can su to root and go on my happy way.

Now, how do I make this stick? I have a line in ~/.xinitrc I think it is
called that says xhost + localhost, but it is not doing that when I log
on. Am I putting the line in the wrong place?

Randy Rathbun
randy at rrr.2y.net
http://rrr.2y.net/

If Bill Gates had a nickle for every time Windows crashed...
Oh, wait, he does!
                         - from a slashdot.org post