LinuxFest 2000 Update Part 5

Altona Duston hald at sound.net
Sat Jun 24 02:43:31 CDT 2000

I have just returned from LinuxFest 2000 the Friday
version.  By the time I got there around 3pm, everybody but
Smartware.com, Tummy.com, and KCLUG were packed up and ready
to ship their stuff out.  Tummy.com is driving home in the
morning, KULUA is still hosting Emmett Plant who as I
understand it is STILL planning on speaking at noon.  KCLUG
is still going to try to have an Installfest from 10 till 2
on Saturday, and Smartware.com says they will also show up,
but if they don't I can NOT blame them.

I don't know about anyone else, but I did get a lot of good
contacts in the greater Linux community which I think will
prove very beneficial to us in the future.  The speakers who
were here gave excellent talks, even if the attendance was
somewhat light.  We have a ton of copies LinuxJournal, Dr
Dobbs, SysAdmin, and RedHat 6.2 CD's left, which I suppose I
will take some of as KCLUG group property.

Hal Duston
hald at sound.net