cable/dsl

Joseph N. Brouhard jbrouhard at home.com
Tue Jun 13 20:20:45 CDT 2000

My set up is as follows:

Cable is hooked up to the cable modem.  From here, I had a choice of hooking
the cable modem directly up to my existing 3Com 3C905B NIC, or hook it up to
a HUB.

Now, the trick with Cable/DSL is that to hook it up to a HUB, you need
either a HUB that switches between straight or crossover wiring or a
standard crossover cable..  Mine had a switch, so I hooked the cable modem
up to the hub.  I have two IPs (one for each machine), so I can pre-program
each machine to have those IPs only.

This may vary from modem to modem, but I've found it to be a little
universal.

Just my two cents :)

Joe Brouhard, A+
jbrouhard at home.com