memory problem

Ben Webb brwebb at transmuto.com
Thu Jul 20 18:41:08 CDT 2000

Sorry If I'm sending this twice or if it looks bad... my mailer puked earlier and is still causing
me some problems.

Dave Parker wrote

> There's a parameter in lilo that you can set - "mem=128m", in
> your case, in the global section before the sections for the
> specific kernels.

DO NOT do this.  Telling the kernel that you have more ram than the BIOS thinks
you do is a BAD idea, and will result in an unbootable (but fixable, it is Linux, after
all :-)) system.

--

If your sticks are not 168 pin DIMMs, they won't work.  If you have some other
SIMM or something providing the 32MB, it won't work (your board only supports

"They that can give up liberty in order to obtain a little
                  -Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin R. Webb