Memory guru's?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Thu Jul 20 09:30:52 CDT 2000

I'm trying to get my new(to me) Linux server up and running.  I want to
fatten it's memory up to 128Mb.  I just got a sweet deal on the memory from
Circuit City -- $99 after rebate I think.   The problem is the box boots
and only sees 32Mb.  I thought maybe it was the fact that the 128Mb might
have been too much in one stick, so I grabbed two identical 64's and the
same thing -- only boots to 32Mb.

Here's the info on the motherboard -- generic box:

http://www.biostar-usa.com/museum/Motherboards/8500TVD/8500tvdmanual.htm

I bought a Centon 128Mb SDRAM PC100 Synchronous 16x64 - 10ns 168pin DIMM.
The other memory was the same, only two 64Mb. Any solutions?

-- Bradley "I'm losing my mind" Miller