Logo suggestion (was kclug - Meeting 07/05/00)

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Fri Jul 7 02:59:11 CDT 2000

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000 17:00:20 -0500 Bradley Miller
<bradmiller at dslonramp.com> writes:

> The only thing that I can see that might hurt the logo, is the KC is
> backwards (as it should be on a branding iron) but it's difficult to

  Yes.  When I showed the folks who showed up at the meeting, I mentioned
this, and concluded that anyone who didn't get it wasn't smart enough to
run Linux anyway.

> http://www.accesszonedesign.com/demo/KCLUG/tux-kclug_mod.gif

  Certainly a decent adaptation.  I like the fact that it looks like the
KC is burned out of the background.  We talked about having a cow (like a
Gateway mascot) with the brand on his hindquarters.  If you have a cow
handy....

Normally, I deploy Tux-KC with "www.kclug.org" underneath him or
somewhere else nearby, which helps a bit with understanding things.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.