smart listserv software

mike neuliep mike at illiana.net
Thu Jul 6 14:11:35 CDT 2000

Here's my thoughts on the Majordomo:

	Good, well supported software
	Free, Debian package
	Very flexible!
	Has a cool sounding name!

While the reply to address could be configured to be anything, it should be set
to the listserv e-mail address (kclug at kclug.org)  Dumb e-mail readers often
mix up the reply to and from field.

Also I like the idea of receiving my post from the listserv.  This lets me know
if it got there a-ok.  I don't think this is going to change anytime soon.

As far as Majordomo stripping it's own footer from a reply, that shouldn't be
too difficult to do, I will look into doing this and I think it very appropiate.

Now onto the big stuff, the tom margrave problem:  This was handled in the best
way we could handle it, by temporarily removing tom from the list.  I'm sure
he'll eventually figure out what happened.  As a matter of fact, I remove three
or four e-mail addresses a week for various reasons, the most common being the
user no longer exists on the target system.  At this rate of removal, we still
have about 130 e-mails subscribed to the list.  Like many of you, I was outdoors
most of the four day weekend instead of in front of the computer like I normally
live.  Should he accept, I plan to get Hal Duston a little bit more involved to
where he'd have the ability to fix these problems without my presence.

Now for something totally different!  Anyone out there use Neo-Mail for web
e-mail under linux?  We got it set up here on the kclug box and I'm looking
for a guinea pig or two to give me some feedback.  It might be a cool way to
send and receive listserv e-mail via your browser.  Let me know if you're
interested.

	Mike Neuliep
	mike at illiana.net
.