BLOCK TOM MARGRAVE PLEASE]

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Wed Jul 5 11:04:26 CDT 2000

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Monty J. Harder wrote:

>   Nearly as bad as spamming the list a couple hundred times is
> re-re-re-quoting the same footer....

Ah, the beauty of SmartList.  Part of the reason I use SmartList for KULUA
is that SmartList is procmail, and filtering and manipulation of email is
trivial with procmail.

In KULUA's case, I reject all emails to the list containing the footer
(forces people to trim their emails and stops vacation responses from
making it back to the list) and then I put the footer on after it's been
parsed.  The nice thing about it is that it doesn't just reject the email
-- it sends a nice message back to the person so they know what happened.

J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "Women might be able to fake orgasms,   |
| Network Systems Management |  but men can fake whole relationships." |
| Sprint Communications      |  -- Jimmy Shubert                       |