5 July 2000 meeting

Dave Parker dlparker at dlpinc.com
Mon Jul 3 15:47:21 CDT 2000

This is not directly related to structure and organization of the
LUG, but it's something we might want to think about.  We might
want to consider approaching some Linux-related companies about
sponsoring a booth at the upcoming ITEC show on Dec. 6 & 7.
Having several companies contribute both funding and materials to
a large booth that we could staff would be a way to get Linux out
in front of people who might not otherwise be exposed to it.  It's
only five months away, so it's definitely not too soon to start
thinking about doing that if anyone's interested.  This is the way
Linux related shows started out anyway - with a booth here and there
and soon entire shows.  Starting small is not a bad idea...

--
Dave Parker/DLP, Inc.    dlparker at dlpinc.com    www.dlpinc.com
816-540-5167 voice    816-540-5218 fax     816-405-3762 mobile