5 July 2000 meeting

Altona Duston hald at sound.net
Mon Jul 3 06:15:49 CDT 2000

A potential topic of discussion for the next meeting:
Should we organize into a more formal structure.  Some advantages
would be that we would be in a better position for any future
conferences, we could have better internal things at our meetings to
provide better service to the membership.  One big disadvantage would
be that it would be a lot more work, and possibly finances would
become necessary in the not to distant future.  One idea that was
brought up during LinuxFest was to alternate having InstallFest and
Demo days on the alternate meetings, i.e. InstallFest on Wednesday in
August, Demo day on Tuesday in August, and then Demo day on Wednesday
in September and InstallFest on Tuesday in September.  This would also
give us more experience hosting very small events, that we could
possibly scale up at some time in the future...

Hal Duston
hald at sound.net
Boring is good.
A conformist in a nonconformist world.