Anyone want to borrow any Linux installation CDs?

David Goth xaosgoth at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 06:22:27 CST 2000

Hello all. New list person here. There is a possibility that I'll make it to
the meeting Wednesday. I'm a very new linux user, but already have several
distributions that I've been trying out. (Namely Corel, Stormix, RH 6.1,
Mandrake 6.1).

I also have some other stuff that I doubt that I'll be trying out.
(Slackware 3.5, FreeBSD 2.2.8, OpenBSD 2.3, NetBSD 1.3.2). What can I say,
I'm a computer enthusiast, and may have gotten a bit too enthusiastic.

I doubt that I'll have a chance to make any copies before then, but I'll
bring them along in the off chance that someone has a cd-r in their laptop
or something. :)

Anyway, I have a quick question... I'm having some difficulty in getting the
above distributions to work with my modem. It's just an old kflex isa card,
so it shouldn't be the obvious (winmodem). I haven't tinkered yet with any
dip switches or hardware troubleshooting. (works fine in win98). Is there
somewhere specific that I should be looking to set this up? (I have been
using kde, by the way).

I'm doing this with minimal documentation (essentially what I can find
online) right now.

David Goth
xaosgoth at hotmail.com