KCLUG?!?!?!

Randy randy at pilgrimpage.com
Sun Jan 16 23:14:57 CST 2000

Some of us have to use Windows and even other Microsoft software at
work. Some are lucky enough not to. But at home we have a choice. I am
lucky enough to have pieced together, with little money, a nice computer
100% Microsoft free. I am a web developer by trade and use Dreamweaver,
Homesite, and Corel Paint at work. At home on Linux I use WebMaker,
which is almost exactly like Homesite, KDedit, and Gimp. Hand coding
decent web pages is not difficult but can be time consuming.
But when you have an organization for the purpose of supporting Linux
then I say support it 100%. I am glad to see KCLinux redoing the side
and are making it muti-browser compatible.

<rant>
I would also like to say please NO JAVA. Java does have its place (i.e.
toasters and coffemakers) but it should not be used for web site buttons
or cute little "see the water ripple when I move my mouse". It really
sucks to have my browser crash because of a useless java applet. I am
sure it has happened to everyone not just me.
</rant>

"thank you, come again"

Randy
|       Randy Reames   Web Developer/System Administrator |
|       PilgrimPage    http://www.pilgrimpage.com         |
|       785-841-1221   mailto:randy at pilgrimpage.com       |