Apache install -- how do I switch installs?

Mac mac at grapevine.net
Tue Jan 4 21:20:12 CST 2000

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Bradley Miller wrote:

> Ok, I have my Apache 1.3.9 installed and running, the problem is when I
> configured the system for PHP and MySQL, it installed itself with a
> different directory structure.  No big problem, I like the /www/htpdocs one
> better than the /etc/httpd one.   The problem is, when my machine boots, it
> references the /etc/httpd one instead of the new /www/htpdocs one.   In
> other words, it's still running the first configured (via Redhat 6.1)
> Apache server.  I've looked in linuxconf and tried to tweak things, but
> it's not where I need to be I think.  I've checked the rc.d/init.d folder
> in the /etc directory and nothing seems to help or give me a "aha" feeling.
>
> Anyone else know anything that might help me re-configure this?

You probably figured this out, but I haven't read any replies to it.

You probably need to edit the startup script /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd on
line 22 to it to:

daemon httpd -f /where/you/put/your/httpd.conf

this should make httpd use the httpd.conf file that you moved to someplace
other than /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

You might also want to check your httpd.conf file and make sure the
ServerRoot and DirectoryRoot directives are correct.

Mac Wisler
mac at grapevine.net