DemoLinux CD

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Sun Jan 2 18:18:46 CST 2000

I grabbed the iso image the other day for this and burned the CD.  The only
problem was the filename extension it used for the ISO image, I had to
rename it to keep my Adaptec software happy.  (Would hammer my Windoz98
software)   I fired it up for the first time last night on my AMDK6-3D
333Mhz 128Mb HP Pavilion machine.  It asked what resolution to use (I chose
1024x768) and fired up with no problems.  I could look at my local
harddrives and their files with no problems.  It was kind of slick surfing
around with the KDE interface.  It makes a 10mb  Ramdrive on your system to
keep a scratch area I think.  I was able to do little things like change my
background image and play with GiMP and other things.   It's a very nice
package, very slick for showing off the capabilities of the Linux OS.  I
didn't try to connect it to my home network, as I would have had to anchor
(???) my harddrive and make some configuration changes and that.  To that
end, I don't even know for sure if the DemoLinux software has networking
capabilities built into it.   I'm a very green newbie to all this stuff, so
I try not to get in above my head.  ;-)

-- Bradley Miller