LinuxFest... and Tommie Giles

Chris Midkiff cmidkiff at kc.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 06:14:00 CST 2000

I'd love to help out with installs..  At the conference, or in some organized
manner afterwards.  Anything I can do to promote GNU/Linux.  I'm familiar
enough with RH and it's variants to get just about any standard hardware
running.  Anyone here play with Mandrake?  Their new beta installer is way
cool...

WinLinux2K?  They run from a fat partition, and you can config your own
hardware and so forth.  I have never tried the CD based version of DemoLinux,
but I don't know how you would ever get the system configured correctly without
saving anything.  PhatLinux is particularly cool, simply unzip the download
into a directory in your Winblows machine, and point a shortcut to it.  No
partitioning or boot manager required. Try it at www.phatlinux.com
(Warning...  180mb Download)

If anyone hears a price for the conference, please post...

--  (Insert silly little sig here)
Chris Midkiff
cmidkiff at kc.rr.com