kppp Question

M. Osten mosten at topekafoundry.com
Wed Feb 23 13:02:55 CST 2000

> Does anyone else use KPPP for their internet dialup?  I cannot for the
life of me figure out HOW to get rid of the 'Enter Root
> Password" dialog box that pops up everytime I start kppp.  I have followed
all steps in the KDE help manual and I still get that
> stupid box.  Just curious.
>
> Thanks,
> Gene Dascher

you have to change ownership of the device.  my suggestion would be to
create a group called "dialup" and assign all users on the machine to that
group, and then change the ownership of the device to "dialup".