Linux ready for Primetime?

Dana akadanak at kc.rr.com
Sat Feb 19 21:06:50 CST 2000

But is being on the average user's desktop the goal?
What if it remains a hackers'/hobbiests' operating system?
Is that so bad?

Actually, I do believe that linux or its' children will become
the dominant operating system some day.  But it will not be
developed in the US.  The third world will lead the way for
the basic reason that they cannot afford to pay M$ for their
operating system and software and so they have a greater
incentive to develop Linux than the US does.

Red Flag Linux if it doesn't exist now will certainly exist someday.