Printing questions

Sam Clippinger samc at silence.org
Wed Feb 16 06:05:14 CST 2000

When last we left our heroes, Gene  E. Dascher had just said:
> 1.	Has anyone here had any luck getting an HP Deskjet 722C to work with
> Linux?  I bought one in my stupid days and now am regretting it.  Can anyone
> suggest an inexpensive, good quality color inkjet to use with Linux?

I've never used a color printer under Linux, but my home printer is an HP
Deskjet (original model -- no '+'s, no numbers, no letters :).  Are you able
to print in black and white only, or does the printer not seem to work at all?
HP generally makes good stuff -- I've never personally heard of any of their
products being "Winprinters".  Others here may be able to correct me on that.

If you can't get your printer to print anything at all, I can help you get it
setup to do (at minimum) black and white printing.  Please drop me a note if
you want me to send you instructions on configuring it.  If it prints black
and white but not color, I'm afraid I can't help. :(

                                -sam

 Sam Clippinger               For PGP public key (KEY ID: 431C5529), see
samc at silence.org          http://www.micro.com/~samc or http://pgp.ai.mit.edu